Our Name is Macedonia Campaign Gains Momentum
Toronto, Canada and Melbourne, Australia ( December 23 , 2010) - Macedonians are showing overwhelming support for the Our Name is Macedonia campaign, which demands that Macedonia end all negotiations with Greece over its name.
Billboards went up today
in Tetovo and Bitola, and will appear in every major city throughout Macedonia. The first billboards appeared in Skopje in August and the campaign includes ads in print and online editions of major newspapers, television commercials, press conferences, radio interviews and the distribution of hundreds of thousands of flyers throughout the country.
This is the most crucial issue facing Macedonia and Macedonians. How can you help?
- Contact Macedonian government officials and demand an immediate end to the negotiations. MHRMI and AMHRC will provide contact information on the Our Name is Macedonia webpage.
- Sign on to the campaign, as an individual or organization, by visiting www.mhrmi.org/our_name_is_macedonia
- Every Macedonian website should have an Our Name is Macedonia banner - www.mhrmi.org/our_name_is_macedonia/web
- Promote the campaign in Macedonian communities worldwide. For ad campaign posters or more information, please contact us.
- Demand support from the international community. We will provide contact information for government officials and media.
- Make a donation. Join the MHRMI Human Rights Fund ( www.mhrmi.org/donation.asp ) or the AMHRC Minorities Support Fund ( www.macedonianhr.org.au/03getinvolved )
Silence is not an option. Our Name is Macedonia.
Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) has been active on human and national rights issues for Macedonians and other oppressed peoples since 1986. For more information, please visit www.mhrmi.org
, or contact MHRMI at 416-850-7125
, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Established in 1984 the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) is a non governmental organisation that informs and advocates to governments, international institutions and broader communities abo ut combating discrimination and promoting basic human rights. Our aspiration is to ensure that Macedonian communities and other excluded groups throughout the world are recognised, respected and afforded equitable treatment. For more information please visit www.macedonianhr.org.au
, or contact AMHRC at email@example.com
or via +61 3 93298960 .